We are henceforth establishing five ministry directorates for effective running of the church. Each directorate will be headed by a pastor who is gifted in that area. Every pastor and minister must be fully functional in a directorate.
DUTIES OF DIRECTORATES
Director: Rev. Dan Okakwu
Headed by Pastor Sam Nwanokwu.
- Receiving and welcoming of new members in all outreaches and church programmes and services
- Baptizing of new believers
- Organizing and Teaching of believers classes
- Assimilation of new members into membership of the Church through follow-up and planting into house cells.
- Welfare of members who are sick, pregnant or have put to bed, wedding, those who need temporary financial assistance etc.
- Organizing and running of House Cells. Ensure that all House Cell leaders and their assistants attend the monthly preparatory classes
- Organize regular training seminars for House Cell Leaders and prospective House Cell Leaders
- Shall be responsible for the growth and multiplication of House Cells.
- Coordinate the Membership Month or week (during the Purpose Driven Life Programme). Set up membership fair and materials to showcase their activities during such programmes. Prepare, print and distribute all materials needed for such occasions.
Headed by Pastor Mrs. Ngozi Owonchei
- Organizing and running of the LDI
- Ensure the production and circulation of teaching materials to all students
- Encouraging all members by whatever means to go through the LDI
- Participate fully in teaching, setting, and marking of CA and exams
- Plan and execute the LDI graduation ceremony
- Coordinate the Maturity Month or Week (during the Purpose Driven Life Programme). Set up maturity fair and materials to showcase their activities during such programmes. Prepare, print and distribute all materials needed for such occasions.
- Encourage members to go through the bible at least once a year by providing a reading schedule for all members
- Encourage attendance of mid-week Services
- Device other creative ways to encourage members to grow.
Headed by Pastor Nsikak Ebong
- Responsible for all departments in the church
- Ensure that monthly departmental meetings take place as scheduled and that all members are in attendance.
- Organize quarterly workers’ seminars
- Work with HODs to constantly recruit people to join various departments (ensure steady and measurable growth of each department especially numerically).
- Identify and encourage workers who are getting weak in their commitment
- Coordinate the Ministry Month or Week (during the Purpose Driven Life Programme). Set up ministry fair and materials to showcase their activities during such programmes. Prepare, print and distribute all materials needed for such occasions.
Rev Dan Okakwu
- Coordinate all the outreaches of the church.
- Oversee the Radio/TV ministry as major instruments of soul winning
- Ensure the well being of all members
- Constantly recruit members into the Jesus Force (outreach arm).
- Train members regularly on how to be more effective in soul winning.
- Plan and execute all Food outreaches
- Draw up and supervise the evangelism programme for the church. Spearhead and coordinate the weekly evangelism outing of the various groups and the entire church as specified in the bulletin- Comfort at Dawn.
- Liaise with all departments to organize programmes that are aimed at growing the church.
- Produce or Procure and distribute tracts to all members for evangelism
- Stimulate and encourage members to obey The Great Commission. Remind members of their responsibility to win souls.
- Coordinate the Mission Month or week (during the Purpose Driven Life Programme). Set up mission fair and materials to showcase their activities during such programmes. Prepare, print and distribute all materials needed for such occasions.
- Generate such ideas necessary to make us more effective in reaching out to the community with the aim of reaching the unsaved.
- Training people for missionary work
Worship (Magnification) Directorate
(Under the Presidency)
- Develop the music ministry.
- Build a strong choir to minister in all church services and programmes.
- Constantly recruit and train people to join the choir. Build choirs A, B, C, etc.
- Establish the Music School. Establish a training Programme for the training of instrumentalist and musicians.
- Ensure the well being of all members
- Organize yearly Christmas Carol Services
- Organize musical programmes with the aim of growing the church.